Greenlaws Mine, Daddry Shield, Weardale, North Pennines, Co. Durham, England, UK

  • Description

    "The Greenlaws Mine is located approximately 1 km south of St. John's Chapel. Two parallel veins, the Greenlaws East and West were worked by the mine, but the east vein appears to have been far more productive. The Greenlaws East Vein was worked by the Beaumont Company between 1850 - 1884 for lead, and for a short period there-after by the Weardale Lead Company. Attempts to reopen the mine in the 1940's for fluorspar..."
  • Owner

    Mindat.org
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.mindat.org/loc-5152.html
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 861 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES