Gainford Drama Club

  • Description

    Official Website of Gainford Drama Club. "Gainford Drama Club was formed in 1949 and since that time members have presented nearly 150 productions. The first four plays took place in the Montalbo Rooms, now the Village Hall, but in 1950 the club was granted a lease for its current location, The Academy Theatre (High Green, Gainford). The building was originally a school where its most famous pupil, Stan Laurel of “Laurel and Hardy”, attended. Appropriate, perhaps, then that it should become a theatre...."
  • Owner

    Gainford Drama Club
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.gainforddramaclub.co.uk/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 773 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES