Description"The castle stands within the north west corner of a Roman Fort which commanded the approach to Stainmore Pass over the Pennines. The castle was built between 1171 and 1184 but had become badly in need of repair and of little use by 1341, following 2 centuries of attack by the scots and by local lords." Photo by Paul Buckingham, 2011, and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2462519
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years ago
Viewed: 308 times
Picture Taken: Unknown