Description"Bell Tower is an Elizabethan stone octagonal four-storey tower, founded in 1577. It flanks the line of the medieval town wall. Over the centuries, it has been considerably repaired and altered, although the doors that gave access to the parapet walk, showing the original height of the wall, are still visible. As the name suggests, it was used to warn the defenders of the Elizabethan Ramparts of a raid." Photo by Lisa Jarvis, 2007, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/324016
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 277 times
Picture Taken: Unknown