THE CHAPEL ABOUT 350 METRES WEST AND 650 METRES SOUTH OF GIBSIDE HALL - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel and mausoleum. 1760-69; completed 1812. Designed by James Paine for George Bowes, M.P. and coal owner. Ashlar; lead-covered dome. Greek cross plan. Palladian style, Ionic order. One tall storey on basement, 3 x 3 bays. Plinth and floor band.2 side stairways and front balustrade to prostyle tetrastyle pedimented portico with central doorway......"
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1185345
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 243 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES