Description"This chapel (1858, credited to William Butterfield) was built for Lady Fitzclarence in honour of her husband who died in India. It is of pink sandstone, with buff sandstone trims and bands, roofed with Westmorland slate. The interior is beautiful in its simplicity, and the font is topped with a plain yet lovely wooden cross. The tree in the foreground of this picture was planted by Lord Joicey on the 21st November, 1961." Photo by Barbara Carr, 2009, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1237576
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 419 times
Picture Taken: Unknown