John Readhead and Sons

  • Description

    "John Readhead and Sons of West Dock, South Shields were shipbuilders John Readhead had been a millwright but changed direction aged 32 when he trained as a shipwright in the Lawe yard of Thomas Marshall. He did this for 15 years before starting his own company. 1865 This famous shipbuilding name was first established in 1865, as a partnership between John Readhead and John Softley as Readhead and Softley near South Shields harbour in an area known as the Lawe...."
  • Owner

    Grace's Guide: British Industrial History
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/John_Readhead_and_Sons
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 648 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES