Description"Opened in 1915 by the North Eastern Railway on the North Tyneside loop line from Newcastle to Tynemouth, this station replaced an earlier station at Whitley Junction, situated in what later became Souter Park. The present station was converted to Metro operation in 1980. View south east towards Whitley Bay and Tynemouth." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2009, and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4240792
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 433 times
Picture Taken: Unknown