Description"The pumping engine chimney was built in 1904 for the Newcastle and Gateshead Water Co. To the right of the chimney is the former lodge house built around 1857 for the Whittle Dean Water Company LinkExternal link Although the lodge and chimney are no longer in use, the water pumping station was recently upgraded, providing a supply of drinking water to a large area of Newcastle's west end, via a large underground reservoirs behind. The earlier open reservoirs situated on the east side have been filled in and grassed over." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2012, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2863790
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 370 times
Picture Taken: Unknown