Tyne and Wear HER(9821): Benwell, Armstrong Road, RC Church of St. Joseph

  • Description

    "1929 by Stienlet & Maxwell, opened October 1931 and consecrated March 22nd 1938. A successful brick-and-pantiled church of Mediterranean inspiration, but more straight-forwardly Romanesque. The church is thought to have replaced an earlier corrugated iron building of 1903 which stood on the opposite side of armstrong Road. The parish was taken over by Father J W Milroy in 1924...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/9821
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 440 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES