NORTH PIER WITH CRANE ATTACHED AND LIGHTHOUSE - Tynemouth - List Entry

  • Description

    "Pier and lighthouse. 1854-1895; partly rebuilt in 1909. Engineers W.A. Brookes to 1858, J. F. Ure from 1858, and P.J. Messent from 1862,for Tyne Improvement Commissioners. Rock-faced stone pier and north shelter wall, iron crane. Painted rendered ashlar lighthouse with glass lantern. Pier c900 metres long...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1025352
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 452 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES