SCHOOL HOUSE - Nos. 18 and 19 The Village - Brancepeth - List Entry

  • Description

    "Former village school and master's house, now 3 dwellings. Dated 1857 on chimney, converted into houses in mid C20. Coursed sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings. Graduated green slate roofs and ashlar chimney stacks. Tudor style. Long centre block with projecting cross-gabled wing at right (former master's house, now No. 17) and former gabled porch at left (now part of No. 19)..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1159085
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 244 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES