Middlesbrough Town Hall

  • Description

    "The town hall with its 170 foot clock tower was built in 1889 and cost £130,000. It was seen as representative of the town's growing economic importance and was officially opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales, the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2005, and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/11105
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 702 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES