Description"Built in 1400 by Bishop Skirlaw of Durham. The far arch is reputed to have been demolished in the Civil War and replaced with a drawbridge for defence purposes. The River Tees has been in spate for weeks which accounts for the vast amounts of driftwood trapped by the pillars." Photo by Carol Rose, 2007, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/489779
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 474 times
Picture Taken: Unknown