Tyne and Wear HER(4421): Sunderland, Church of Holy Trinity

  • Description

    "Since the old parish church of Bishopwearmouth was no longer large enough, in 1719 an Act of Parliament was obtained to establish the new parish of Sunderland. So it was that the Church of Holy Trinity came to be built, and its cemetery to be laid out, in about 1719 on a piece of ground enclosed from the town moor or common pasture. The church was enlarged in 1735..."
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/4421
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 381 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES