Description"This is a fortified manor house which stands on a bluff a short distance south of the River Derwent. It probably dates to the C13 and is first mentioned in a will of 1317. It eventually passed to the Bowes family of nearby Gibside." Photo by Robert Graham, 2014, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4817194
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 2 months ago
Viewed: 491 times
Picture Taken: Unknown