Tyne and Wear HER(8798): Newcastle, Market Street East, Plummer House

Related Pages


Market Street


Streets

  • Description

    "The listed building description was found to have wrongly named Newcombe and Newcombe as the architects. An historic buildings recording by URS in 2013 suggests the building was designed by Charles Septimus Errington. The main phase of construction dates to 1909 which opened as Tilley's Tearooms. The tearooms was actually a large recreational building containing ballrooms. However, by 1921 the Newcastle and Gateshead Gas Company had moved into the premises...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/8798
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 544 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES