Tyne and Wear HER(5246): Jesmond, St. Andrew's Cemetery

  • Description

    "In 1854 the Burial Board of Jesmond merged with St. Andrew to form a joint board. In April 1855 the Burial Board agreed to purchase ground for a cemetery from the Hospital of St Mary Magdelene. The designer was Middleton and Prichett of Darlington. The first burials took place in 1857. Initially known as St Andrew's and Jesmond Cemetery..."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/5246
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 years ago
    Viewed: 413 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES