Description"This section was originally opened by the Blyth and Tyne Railway on 27 June 1864 as part of its extension from Holywell to Newcastle New Bridge Street. In the distance are the platforms of West Jesmond station - opened by the North Eastern railway on 1 December 1900. The line was closed 23 January 1978 for conversion to Metro and re-opened 11 August 1980." Photo by Anthony Foster, 2013, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4369860
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 268 times
Picture Taken: Unknown