Description"This old stone bridge was built in 1785 by Robert Mylne, to replace a medieval one damaged in the flood of 1771. It is situated on the B6318 road (known locally as the Military Road as it was built 8 years after the Jacobite rebellion of 1745 to provide easier movement of troops between Newcastle and Carlisle). The bridge is Grade II listed" Photo by David Dixon, 2012, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3191188
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 534 times
Picture Taken: Unknown