Hall Burn flows under Dukesfield Smelt Mill

  • Description

    "An old smelt mill stood to the southwest of Dukesfield Mill bridge. It was built in the late 18th century. The ore came from the lead mines owned by Beaumont family in Allendale. The site was demolished in 1836, and now there is nothing to be seen here apart from the arches of the flue, which are Grade II Listed Building protected by law. " Photo by Les Hull, 2013, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3790273
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 579 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES