Description"Located in the Heaton district, east of the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne. The Lyric Cinema opened on 6th January 1936 with Shirley Temple in "The Little Colonel". The building has an imposing corner location and has two entrances, above which is a green pantile mansard roof. Seating was provided in stalls and circle, with a 38 feet proscenium opening, a 10 feet deep stage and added facilities of a cafe and a free car park. It was designed by Newcastle architectural firm Marshall & Tweedy, with internal decorations by R.J. Richardson. Throughout its life it was an independently operated cinema, the initial operators being Tyne Picture Houses Ltd. of Wallsend...."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/26346
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 430 times
Picture Taken: Unknown