Description"Trinity Yard is reached through the gateway on Broad Chare NZ2564 : Trinity House from Broad Chare. The photo shows the east side of the yard with the steps and doorway of the Entrance Hall (1800) on the right, and the later Secretary's Office to its left (1849-50). To the left of the steps is a model of a sculpture (the Collingwood Wave) which is currently seeking public subscription. Trinity House is a charitable maritime organisation housed in a complex of Listed Buildings dating from the C14th. Trinity House became responsible for lighthouses in 1536 and piloting in a large region along the North Sea coast. In return they were permitted to levy tolls on ships entering the River Tyne. The eastings grid line passes (unseen) straight through the centre of the Yard." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2020811
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 316 times
Picture Taken: Unknown