DescriptionThis old building dates from about 1300 when it housed the vicar within a fortified structure, a prudent measure made necessary by a series of Scottish raids on the town. Much of the stone was purloined from the nearby Roman Fort of Corstopitum, a pretty useful bit of early re-cycling.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8521690@N02/8713797816/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 367 times
Picture Taken: Unknown