Tyne and Wear HER(12841): Newcastle, Haymarket, Haymarket Cinema

  • Description

    "Opened 21 December 1933. The owner was Dixon Scott. The cinema could seat 1280 people. There was box on either side of the stage, level with the circle. There were dressing rooms below the stage. George Bell of Dixon and Bell of Newcastle was the architect. Thomas Clements and Son was the builder. The Haymarket claimed to be the second cinema in Britain to be fitted with Western Electric 'wide-range' sound..."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/12841
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 631 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES