Tyne and Wear HER(5107): Philadelphia, Generating Station

  • Description

    "Temporary power station was opened at Philadelphia by the Sunderland District Electric Tramways Ltd in 1905, beside their tramway depot. In 1906 a permanent station had been built by the Durham Colleries Power Company who supplied 'Lambton and Colliery Co' (Lambton and hetton Colleries Co Ltd from 1911) and the tramway company. Incorporated into NESCO by 1911...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/5107
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 424 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES