Description"View NW, towards buffer-stops; ex-North Eastern terminus of branch from Stanhope and Bishop Auckland. This was the Last Day of passenger services (27/6/53), but goods continued until 2/1/61 - to St John's Chapel until 1/11/65. The train in the station, waiting to make its last journey down Weardale is an ex-NE J21 0-6-0, which probably lived in the little Shed." Photo by Ben Brooksbank, 1953, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2047797
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 401 times
Picture Taken: Unknown