Wesleyan chapel

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

  • Peter Smith on Oct. 1, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

    "The New Wesleyan Chapel on
    Shepherds Hill will host its final
    service this month. It was built in
    1891 and paid for by members on
    land bought from the Duke of
    Northumberland because the original
    one in Chapel Lane had become too
    small. Having thrived for many
    years, it has now become too large for
    the members who have returned to
    the Old Chapel for services.
    It has been sold with permission to be
    converted into a residential dwelling.
    The final service there will be held on
    Sunday, 24 March at 2.30pm.
    All are welcome." (The Alnmouth Village
    Newsletter, March 2013)

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES