Description"The cross in the foreground is at the site of the original Saxon church of Alnmouth, built on this hill around 680. The hill was cut off from its village in 1806, by which time the church was already falling into disrepair. But the new church, dedicated to St. John the Baptists, to the east of High Street, was not completed until 1876...". Photo by Graham Horn, 2004, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1511925
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 612 times
Picture Taken: Unknown