Description"Keys to the Past Web Site" These are the remains of a monastic grange built between 1258 and 1272 on what is thought to be site of earlier grange. In 1464 site consisted of a hall, chapel, grange and dairy, the latter in poor state of repair. Visible remains include two rectangular buildings. The eastern block stands to complete height of nearly 16m at the eastern end but is elsewhere much lower. Western block survives to 4m at western end but is not visible on surface elsewhere although foundations are thought to survive underground. This building had an undercroft that was at least partly removed in 19th century." Photo by Les Hull (2004) and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/107460
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 486 times
Picture Taken: Unknown