Humshaugh Parish

  • Description

    "Humshaugh lies in a bend of the River North Tyne, six miles from Hexham, protected from heavy traffic to Kielder by the ‘new’ road, completed in 1947. The hamlets of Chollerford, Lincoln Hill, Walwick and Haughton with its castle are usually considered part of the village. There is a reference to the village as early as 1279 in the Court Rolls of Alexander, King of Scots...."
  • Owner

    Humshaugh Parish Council
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.humshaughparish.org.uk/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 12 months ago
    Viewed: 380 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES