Prudhoe / Ovingham bridge

  • Description

    Orginally built in 1883 in six months by the Ovingham Bridge Co. and purchased by Northumberland County Coucil in 1944 for £5,550. The timber deck was repaired in 1947 and 1973. A speed limit of 10mph and a weight limit of 3 tons were imposed in 1964. It was suggested a new bridge should be erected as a memorial to those who died in the 1914-1918 war. No rush.
  • Owner

  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 9 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 1180 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.