015231:Ragged boy statue

  • Description

    Type : Photograph Medium : Print-black-and-white Description : A photograph of the statue of a ragged boy which stood outside the Ragged School. The Newcastle Ragged School was first at Garth Heads off City Road in Sandgate 1847. The School moved in 1848 to Gibson Street and then again in 1855 to Jubilee Road. In 1922 it made its last move to Axwell Park. The statue is shown in an early illustration outside the original school but not in the location/position shown in this 1966 photo which we cannot identify. We have been unable to locate the statue's current position or if it still exists.
  • Owner

    Newcastle Libraries
  • Source

    Newcastle libraries (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Mark
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39821974@N06/4076879339/
    Resource type: Image
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 409 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES