The Bay, Denton Holme

Related Pages


Denton Holme


Carlisle

  • Description

    "Now a pub, this building was originally the house of the works manager of Ferguson Bros textile mill. The company set up here, taking advantage of the waters of the River Caldew to provide power, in 1828; the mill finally closed in 1991 with 200 redundancies. The name of the pub refers to the 'bay' in the river built to regulate flow into the mill race." Photo by Stephen McKay, 2008.
  • Owner

    Stephen McKay
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/855321
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 weeks, 6 days ago
    Viewed: 27 times
    Picture Taken: 2008-06-20
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES