CARLISLE AND EAMONT BRIDGE TURNPIKE ROAD

  • Description

    "...This Trust was extant in 1752-1753. The Northern and Southern Divisions were in being by 1841 and were made separate bodies by Act of Parliament 1859, with both Divisions' pre-1859 minute books to be held by the Northern Division. Unless otherwise stated, the records deposited relate to the Southern Division, whose length of road was from Old Town, High Hesket to Penrith north end, and from Tyne Syke Bridge to Eamont Bridge Kemplay Bank. The Trust's Southern Division expired on 1 November 1881..."
  • Owner

    National Archives
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/a9da6cc1-b09e-4803-848d-7adbefc2e37d
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 32 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES