Site of London Road station - August 2016

  • Description

    "London Road station was built in 1836 for the Newcastle to Carlisle Railway. It closed in 1863 when services transferred to Citadel and the original buildings were demolished circa 1881 to make-way for this goods station, designed by the North Eastern Railway's architect William Bell. They saw recent use as a fertiliser store, but are currently disused with an uncertain future. Grade II listed." Photo by The Carlisle Kid, 2016.
  • Owner

    The Carlisle Kid
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5069936
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 30 times
    Picture Taken: 2016-08-09
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES