TRUSTEE SAVINGS BANK AND ATTACHED RAILINGS - Carlisle - List Entry

  • Description

    Formerly known as: Carlisle Savings Bank LOWTHER STREET. Athenaeum now bank. 1840, for the subscribers, by Arthur and George Williams of Liverpool. Calciferous sandstone ashlar (from Prudhoe Quarries) on chamfered plinth, with giant order pilasters and Corinthian capitals; moulded entablature, modillioned cornice and parapet, partly balustraded with central festoon and flanking head panels. Graduated slate roof without chimney stacks. 2 storeys, 5 bays....
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1196930
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 40 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES