Former Trinity United Reformed Church, Esplanade, Whitley Bay

  • Description

    "The foundation stone for this church, then known as the Whitley Presbyterian Church, was laid on the 25th April 1900 and the church was opened on the 25th November 1900. The church was closed in 2008 although the adjacent church hall continued to be used. The church building was destroyed by fire on the 6th May, 2017 followed by another fire in the ruins on the 14th June 2020. This photograph shows the main entrance to the church with what little remains of the rose window above. For a selection of detailed free to download walking routes in the area visit www.northtynesidewalks.co.uk" Photo by Geoff Holland, 2021.
  • Owner

    Geoff Holland
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6743805
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 183 times
    Picture Taken: 2021-01-30
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES