COUNTY HALL - Newcastle - List Entry

  • Description

    "County offices. Lower and front part 1910 by J. A. Bain. Rear, right extension down to the Side, and top storeys 1933 by Cackett, Dick and McKellar. Sandstone ashlar; roof not visible. 6 storeys, 14 bays to Castle Garth; l0 storeys, 9 bays on right return to the Side. Classical style. Central double door in Greek Doric porch with triglyph frieze and prominent dentils in high entablature. 6 bays either side have central 4-bay projections. Rusticated ground floor with cornice has sashes in plain reveals. Giant Ionic Order above, pilasters at corners and half-columns defining bays of projections, with architraves to windows....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1024938
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 10 months, 4 weeks ago
    Viewed: 110 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES