Tyne and Wear HER(17458): Lemington, Bell's Close, Rokeby Arms Public House

  • Description

    "The Rokeby arms was run in the middle of the 1850s by Joseph Wren in conjunction with his butchery and grocery business. The property, like much of the area, was originally owned by the Lord Rokebys of Denton Hall who owned Montague Pit. The pub received a full licence and was aquired by Northumberland Hotels in 1947 when it was extended and altered. It was demolished in the late 1980s to make way for the western bypass...."
  • Owner

  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/17458
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 137 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.