Description"The building at the road junction is Nenthead Methodist Church. It dates from 1873 to the Italianate-style of George Race, and incorporates the western block of an earlier 1826 chapel at its west end. John Wesley is known to have preached in the area in the mid and later C18th. In 1826, the London Lead Company gifted a site upon which the first Wesleyan chapel was erected. The building is Grade II Listed (List Entry Number: 1408095): https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1408095" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2020.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6646309
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewed: 154 times
Picture Taken: 2020-10-20