DescriptionArticle, including photos and postcards featueing the bandstand. "range's cast iron bandstand, with an unusual zinc pagoda roof and ornamental ironwork, is Park Road Garden's central feature, surrounded by a small moat and seating. However, it didn't start off life here. It was originally built by Harold Porritt, a textile factory director from Lancashire in around 1901-1904 on the promenade next to his Tea Rooms. But ladies protested to the council about soot and hot cinders from passing steam trains ruining their dresses whilst they sat and listed to the music, so it was moved to Park Road Gardens when these were created in 1930. For many decades....."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: https://grangeoversandshistory.weebly.com/gardens-of-grange-256333-517668.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
Viewed: 169 times
Picture Taken: Unknown