Description"Built c 1835, probably by John Wardle, for Richard Grainger. The curved inset corner has curved sliding sash windows. There are only two columns facing (south) onto Mosley Street because the building is only one room deep. The arched doorway dates from the 1890s. This was the site of the first Theatre Royal (1788) - see []; the alley to the rear (west) still retains the name Drury Lane - see [] (photographed by Andrew Curtis). The building is Grade II* listed http://list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1024871 . The Buildings of Grainger Town - No.14. See []." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4409001
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewed: 42 times
Picture Taken: 2014-08-07