Churchill House, Mosley Street & Dean Street

  • Description

    "Designed by Alfred Waterhouse for the Prudential Life Assurance Company in 1891. The same architect was responsible for [[1666558]]. Unlike most of the buildings in Newcastle, for this prominent site he used red sandstone, red brick and red granite topped with a green Lakeland slate roof. The ground floor is currently a restaurant and pizzeria, (Portofino)." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1736211
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 214 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-03-02
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES