2-4 Mosley Street, Newcastle

  • Description

    "The vocabulary is that standardly employed for countless grand commercial buildings throughout the Victorian and Edwardian periods, but the elements here are very satisfyingly arranged. The upper storey has giant columns and pilasters and swags. The rounded entrance bay also has red granite columns and a balustraded parapet topped with vases. By Newcombe & Newcombe, 1908, for the Alliance Assurance Company. Grade II listed. Occupied at the time by Optimax, a laser eye clinic." Photo by Stephen Richards, 2012.
  • Owner

    Stephen Richards
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4647102
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 187 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-08-16
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES