Saltburn Station

  • Description

    Saltburn station, built by the Stockton and Darlington Railway (later North Eastern Railway) 1861-62, architect William Peachey, 03/76. The main platform is on the left; in 1863 it was extended into the North Eastern's Zetland Hotel at the rear of the station platforms. On the extreme left and to the right of the church is the excursion station of 1870. On the right can be seen the side of the frontage of the main station building, built at right angles to the platform. The Class 101 Metro-Camm dmu is bound for Darlington. Scanned slide taken with a Kowa SET.
  • Owner

    hugh llewelyn
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/58433307@N08/23789867353/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 153 times
    Picture Taken: 2016-01-16T15:33:56
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES