CALE CROSS, 60 METRES NORTH OF NORTH LODGE - Blagdon - List Entry

  • Description

    "Conduit head, 1783 by David Stephenson. Originally on The Side in Newcastle, moved to Blagdon 1807. Ashlar. Roman Doric style. 1-storey, 3 bays. Open round arches with archivolts and imposts at each end. Triglyph frieze, the central part on each side broken forward with bucrania. Blocking course with central sunk panel on north surmounted by lion couchant; tall urn finial on each end...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042624
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 49 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES