METHODIST CHAPEL - Long Marton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Methodist Chapel, dated 1818, with later additions. Sandstone blocks with rusticated quoins on chamfered plinth; moulded eaves. Hipped, graduated slate roof with corniced stone chimney to eaves on south side. Built at right-angles to road. 2-storey, 3-bay front has steps up to 1st floor chapel entrance. Panelled door in shouldered, rusticated, surround; carved panel above has METHODIST CHAPEL between two 2-handled vases of lilies. .....Above is single semicircular-headed window and 2 carved medallions bearing religious symbols and 1818 date...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144952
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 30 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES