Ennerdale

  • Description

    "Chapelry in St Bees parish, Allerdale above Derwent ward, Cumberland, containing townships of Ennerdale and Kinniside and extra-parochial waste of Copeland Forest or Stockdale Moor....art of Copeland forest. At partition of barony of Egremont (q.v.) 1338, Ennerdale was assigned to Harrington share; descended to Grey family; escheated to crown 1554; leased to Sir James Lowther 1765 and bought outright by earl of Lonsdale 1822. Kinniside was assigned to Fitzwalter share of barony as part of ‘Middleward’ of Copeland forest..."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/ennerdale
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 66 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES