Camphill Column

  • Description

    Erected 1814 to commemorate the Peace of 1814, set on site of a British Camp. Two steps to square base with inscriptions to Pitt, Wellington, Nelson and Henry Collingwood Selby who built the monument. Tall column with high base, apparently following 'Vitruvian' principles, and surmounted by a ball. All of stone, constructed by John Hall, mason. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1041409" rel="noreferrer nofollow">historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1041409
  • Owner

    Pete Reed
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/69959962@N00/51678933486/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 130 times
    Picture Taken: 2021-11-14T15:47:51
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES